What personal information do we collect from the people that visit our website?
When ordering or registering on our site, as appropriate, you may be asked to enter your name, email address, mailing address, phone number or other details to help you with your experience and to supply the services you want to request from us.
When do we collect information?
We collect information from you when you place an order, subscribe to a newsletter or enter information on a form on our site.
We collect information from you when you provide us with feedback on our products or services and when you dispute a charge to your credit card.
How do we use your information?
We may use the information we collect from you when you register, make a purchase, sign up for our newsletter, respond to a survey or marketing communication, surf the website, or use certain other site features in the following ways:
• To allow us to better service you in responding to your customer service requests.
• To quickly process your transactions.
• To send periodic emails regarding your order or other products and services.
• To follow up with you after correspondence (email or phone inquiries).
How do we protect your information?
Our website is scanned on a regular basis for security holes and known vulnerabilities in order to make your visit to our site as safe as possible.
We use regular Malware Scanning.
Your personal information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential. In addition, all sensitive/credit information you supply is encrypted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology at PayPal.
We implement a variety of security measures when a user places an order to maintain the safety of their personal information.
All transactions are processed through a gateway provider (that PayPal hosts) and are not stored or processed on our servers.
Do we use 'cookies'?
We may use single-session cookies for tracking purposes; they will only be valid during the time you spend on our site. They would record NO Personal Indentifying Information whatsoever.
You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies. You do this through your browser settings. Since each browser is a little different, look at your browser's Help Menu to learn the correct way to modify your cookies. You are NOT required to enable cookies in order to use our site, but your experience may be hampered by doing so.
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your Personally Identifiable Information.
At our discretion, we may include or offer links to third-party products or services on our website. Such links will direct you to businesses' websites that offer you local shopping and/or dining experiences, etc. These third-party sites should provide separate and independent privacy policies. Whether they do or not, we disclaim all responsibility or liability for the content and activities of any linked sites. We seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about other sites we may link to that you may have.
Google's advertising requirements can be summed up by "Google's Advertising Principles." They are put in place to provide a positive experience for users. See https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/1316548?hl=en
We have not enabled Google AdSense on our site but we reserve the right to do so in the future.
California Online Privacy Protection Act
According to CalOPPA, we agree to the following:
• Users can visit our site anonymously.
You can change your personal information:
• By logging in to your account
• When you send us an email detailing the change(s) you want to make.
• When you modify your site profile(s) and account setting(s) by logging into our SSL-protected shopping cart, in which no credit card numbers are recorded.
How does our site handle Do Not Track signals?
We have no need to handle Do Not Track signal requests because any single-use cookie we might employ would have no code that would enable us to track where you go after leaving our site.
Does our site allow third-party behavioral tracking?
It's important to note that we allow third-party behavioral tracking once you leave our site (for example, to PayPal's website) in order to complete purchase transactions with us.
COPPA (Children Online Privacy Protection Act)
When it comes to the collection of personal information from children under the age of 13 years old, the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) puts parents in control. The Federal Trade Commission, United States' consumer protection agency, enforces the COPPA Rule, which spells out what operators of websites and online services must do to protect children's privacy and safety online.
We do not specifically market to children under the age of 13 years old.
If a child under the age of 13 uses your computer to access our site we are not responsible for their online actions through the use of our site or its software, including any attempts to alter your PII or to make purchases using our SSL-protected shopping cart. Third-parties (such as PayPal), including ad networks or plug-ins, may inadvertently collect PII from children under 13.
Fair Information Practices
The Fair Information Practices Principles form the backbone of privacy law in the United States and the concepts they include have played a significant role in the development of data protection laws around the globe. Understanding the Fair Information Practice Principles and how they should be implemented is critical to comply with the various privacy laws that protect personal information.
In order to be in line with Fair Information Practices we will take the following responsive action, should a data breach occur:
We will notify affected users via email
• Within 30 days of our knowledge of the data breach. If the email we send any affected user is returned for any reason we will attempt to contact that user via the phone number they may have provided at the time of their latest purchase.
We will notify all users via in-site notification
• Within 7 business days on the HHMWC(LLC) website.
We also agree to the Individual Redress Principle which requires that individuals have the right to legally pursue enforceable rights against data collectors and processors who fail to adhere to the law. This principle requires not only that individuals have enforceable rights against data users, but also that individuals have recourse to courts or government agencies to investigate and/or prosecute non-compliance by data processors.
CAN SPAM Act
The CAN-SPAM Act is a law that sets the rules for commercial email, establishes requirements for commercial messages, gives recipients the right to have emails stopped from being sent to them, and spells out tough penalties for violations.
We collect your email address in order to:
• Send information, respond to inquiries, and/or other requests or questions
• Process orders and to send information and updates pertaining to orders.
• Send you additional information related to your product and/or service
• Market to our mailing list or continue to send emails to our clients after the original transaction has occurred.
To be in accordance with CANSPAM, we agree to the following:
• Not use false or misleading subjects or email addresses.
• Identify the message as an advertisement in some reasonable way.
• Include the physical address of our business or site headquarters.
• Monitor third-party email marketing services for compliance, if one is used.
• Honor opt-out/unsubscribe requests quickly.
• Allow users to unsubscribe by using the link at the bottom of each email.
If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails of any kind, you can email us at email@example.com
• Or follow the instructions at the bottom of each email. We will promptly remove you from ALL correspondence within 7 business days of receipt of your email..
Hilton Head Midwinter Conference, LLC
P.O. Box 6256
Hilton Head, SC 29938 USA